Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Qatari retailers selling products after expiry date


Several Qatari retailers have been selling products after their expiry date and giving false descriptions of their ingredients, according to the country’s Ministry of Business and Trade.
.
The Daily Peninsula reported that the ministry’s Consumer Protection Department had found a total of 95 violations of the consumer protection law in the last month.
.
Not displaying prices and refusing to exchange products sold were also among the 350 complaints filed by consumers to the CPD last month.
.
In 2012 several outlets were found selling counterfeit sanitary products. According to the Qatari law, suppliers found violating the consumer protection law may face imprisonment for up to two years and/or a fine that can be doubled if the supplier repeats the offence in five years. Fines for violations can reach up to QR 1 million.
.
Read more: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/qatari-retailers-selling-products-after-expiry-date-488310.html

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis